[IAEP] [SLOBS] Next slobs meeting?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Sun Jun 5 11:16:46 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 05 2011, Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> The very short summary is that there are two different licenses for
> Scratch: one for the source code, which prohibits calling the resulting
> binary Scratch and uploading projects to the website, and one for
> binaries, which doesn't allow modification. It's hard to notice the
> problem, because they don't mention it even in the license FAQ.

Just a quick addition: the source license *also* prohibits commercial use.
So, even if we accepted the rules about naming and uploading as being just
a ham-fisted attempt to implement trademark law inside a copyright license,
the non-commercial clause would still be a show-stopper.  :/

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>   <http://printf.net/>
One Laptop Per Child