[IAEP] [FM Discuss] Español - Spanish / Traducciones - Translations

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 09:44:05 EDT 2011

On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 18:47, ana.cichero <ana.cichero at gmail.com> wrote:
> #you can find at the bottom an english copy of this email

Below you will see an English translation of this message.

> Hola,
> El material que se produce para olpc está la mayoría en inglés y la mayoría
> de los usuarios hablan español.
> Cuando hablamos de usuarios adultos, sobre todo habituados al uso de
> internet esto no es un inconveniente.
>
> Pero, cuando hablamos de niños las traducciones tal y como las resuelve por
> ejemplo google ( al día de hoy porque es evidente que el sistema mejora cada
> día ) son inadecuadas para la formación en el dominio de la lengua propia
> que es clave de la formación de la inteligencia del niño.
>
> El vínculo entre dominio de la propia lengua e inteligencia, que no tiene
> porqué ser evidente para el que no tiene estudios sobre aprendizaje, pueden
> chequearlo en cualquier manual.  Todas las teorías coinciden al respecto,
> usar mal las preposiciones  o tiempos verbales, es como aprender mal a hacer
> las cuentas, deja secuelas cognitivas negativas.
>
> En olpc-sur veo varios interesados que se ofrecen a traducir inglés  a
> español, les pido que tengan en cuenta esta distinción cuando se trate de
> usuarios niños con su propio idioma en formación.
>
> En iaep se ven muchas iniciativas en inglés que serían muy útiles en
> español, les pido a esos productores, que busquen traductores en las listas
> hispanas en el inicio de los proyectos. La traducción bien hecha lleva
> muchas horas y la documentación de tecnología es pan caliente.
>
> En discuss ( la lista de FLOSS Manuals) se habla de levantar
> es.flossmanuals.net  -con soporte de tildes y eñes--, pido  a la comunidad
> sugar que apoye esta iniciativa para poder publicar ahí varios de los
> documentos que veo que están en buen curso.
>
> Saludos.
> Hello,
>
> Most of the material produced for olpc is in English but  most users speak
> Spanish.
> When it comes to adult users, particularly accustomed to using the Internet
> this is not a problem.
>
> But when we speak of children   google- translations  for example (despite
> is evident that the system is improving every day) are still inadequate for
> training kids in the domain of their language which is key to the formation
> of child's intelligence.

But for children, Google Translate (despite evidence that it improves
every day) is still inadequate for training kids in their own
language, which is crucial to the formation of the child's
intelligence.

> The link between control of one's own language and intelligence, which need
> not be evident for whom has no studies on learning, can be checked in any
> manual. All theories agree in this respect, using wrong prepositions or
> wrong verb tenses, is like learning to do your first maths wrong, and
> has negative cognitves consequences .

The link between control of one's own language and [effective]
intelligence, which may not be evident to those who have not studied
the subject, can be verified in many sources. All theories agree in
this respect, that using prepositions or verb tenses incorrectly is
like learning to do arithmetic incorrectly, with negative cognitive
consequences.

> In olpc-sur  i see volunteers offering themselves for translating English to
> Spanish, I ask you to keep in mind this distinction when it comes to little
> users that are still learning their own language.

In OLPC-Sur I see volunteers offering to translate from English to
Spanish. I ask you to keep this distinction in mind concerning little
users who are still learning their own language.

> I see In IAEP many initiatives in English than in Spanish would be very
> useful, I encourage those producers seeking translators in spanish
> speaking lists at the start of projects.  Well done translations take many
> hours and documentation on technology is like hotcakes.

In IAEP I see many initiatives that would be very useful in Spanish. I
encourage developers to seek out translators on Spanish-speaking
mailing lists at the beginning of their projects. Well done
translations take many hours, and documentation on technology is like
bread hot from the oven. [Well worth the effort to get it just right.]

> In discuss (the list of FLOSS Manuals) I read they intend to  set
> es.flossmanuals.net  --with proper accents and ñ character--- , I ask you
> all ( sugar communities ) to support this initiative, so we are able to
> publish there all the papers that  are in good progress.

In FM-Discuss, the FLOSS Manuals mailing list, I read that they intend
to set up es.flossmanuals.net, with proper accents and the letter ñ. I
ask all Sugar communities to support this initiative, so that we are
able to publish all of the finished documents there.

[The same is also true of the Sugar Labs Replacing Textbooks project,
which uses the same FM booki software.]

> Greetings.  (I apology for probable language mistakes)

Greetings. I apologize for probable language mistakes.

Muy bien. Usted puede corregir mis errores en español.

Fine. You can correct my mistakes in Spanish.