[IAEP] Thoughts on Windows 8 UI / touchscreen UIs which could also apply to Sugar on tablets

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 10:29:19 EDT 2011

Hi all,

I stumbled across this article called "Why Windows 8 Is Fundamentally Flawed
as a Response to the iPad" (
http://daringfireball.net/2011/06/windows_8_fundamentally_flawed). I think
some of the things that are being said there could also apply to Sugar
running on tablets and actually ties in very well with some of the related
discussions I had with C. Scott and Bert in Uruguay.

To me the key phrase in the article can be found in the last paragraph where
it says:

"Apple’s radical notion is that touchscreen personal computers should make
severely different tradeoffs than traditional computers — and that you can’t
design one system that does it all."

Definitely some good food for thought in my opinion...

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer