[IAEP] Pathagar library

Nicholas Doiron ndoiron at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jun 2 14:18:33 EDT 2011

Hi Tony,

The OPDS format is a catalog of links, so it should be able to support
images, audio, and video.  Librivox.org will be coming out with an OPDS
feed of their audiobooks soon.  You could also work with OPDS to include
multiple descriptions (<description lang="en"> <description lang="ne">)
and show the best available one for the user.

Unless the student must have the content at home, my suggestion would be
to create an HTML page with the media embedded.  Then the student could
select several videos and keep the viewer pages in the journal, without
having to copy the whole video from the school server.  If they were out
of range of the network, they would see the content title, description,
and possibly a message explaining that the video is only watchable at
school.

Regards,
Nick