[IAEP] Wiki tutorial translation

mokurai at earthtreasury.org mokurai at earthtreasury.org
Fri Jul 22 23:36:18 EDT 2011

On Thu, July 21, 2011 11:25 pm, ana.cichero wrote:
> Hello Mokurai
>
> Would you take a look at
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/Turtle_Art/Tutorials, and talk
>> with us, the Spanish translators, and the teachers about
>>
>> a) translating these pages into Spanish
>> b) what is needed so that teachers can use these ideas in class
>
> I find the link empty...

I'm sorry. It should have been

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt/Tutorials

> a) Yes.  I can help translating your tutorials for Turtle  (please send me
> the exact link) . When I don t understand I ask.

Thank you.

> b) No.  Unfortunately I cannot make class planifications on the subject.

I did not make myself clear then. I meant that I would like someone to ask
teachers who do work on teaching Turtle Art and other subjects whether my
tutorials make sense to them, and whether they can assist us in making
lesson plans on these subjects.

> My offer for fitting in uruguayan secondary school curricular structure
> planifications of classes using Abacus.xo still stands.

Thank you. I will create a TA program to draw an abacus and demonstrate
its operations, and then move from there to Abacus.xo.

> --I ve studied maths and learning for 4 full years exclusively and been
> working on highschools for the last 10 years,  teaching from negative
> numbers to matrixes and integrals, but I am just an newbie when going into
> programming languages... sorry.--

Perfect. Please look at You Be the Turtle and at Mathematics and Art, an
introduction to TA. These assume no knowledge of Turtle Art whatsoever. Do
they make sense to you? Then we can talk about lessons in the basics of
Turtle Art that I need to write.

--
Edward Mokurai
(默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر