[IAEP] Gmail & other Google TOS

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Thu Jul 21 06:29:27 EDT 2011

On 21 July 2011 15:40, Yamandu Ploskonka <yamaplos at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am unsure if at any moment we have been encouraging kids to have a google
> account.
> Anyway, I just learned that Google appears to take as a serious breach of
> their TOS if an under-13 uses their services, to the point of deleting their
> data, etc.

I have been working on a one to one project that has a google partner
involved, we talked about google terms when we were worried about the google
search requirement of being 18 years old. The schools entered an agreement
with Google and use Google education apps.

http://www.google.com/apps/intl/en/terms/education_terms.html

We were told that the agreement is between Google and the institution, not
the student or staff member. This differs to the individual setting up a
Google account.

Tabitha