[IAEP] Quick "Dumb Question"

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 28 18:21:03 EST 2011

Hi Caryl,

On 28 Jan 2011, at 22:29, Caryl Bigenho wrote:

> Hi All
>
> When Sugar Labs says an Activity works with "0.82-0.88", how does that translate to the OLPC builds like 10.1.3?

Yes, all these numbers are very confusing. I've been bumbling around on the technical side for some time and it takes some time checking what all the various numbers mean even for a geek like me. The OLPC 10.1.3 build is based on Sugar 0.84, so it's a fairly old Sugar release, but still a good step up from what was last an official OLPC release (and I'm very glad for it, as it also contains many back ported fixes from newer Sugar releases). So if an activity is meant to work between 0.82-0.88, and fails on OLPC's 10.1.3 build, please do let us know with an email here, or ticket at http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ so we can fix it!

Regards,
--Gary