[IAEP] [support-gang] WikiLeaks reveals hidden Sugar blogs :)

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 26 20:36:59 EST 2011

Thanks for the links! Some fun stuff I have noticed:

In Paraguay they use their tile floor as a huge piece of graph paper and plan their projects with chalk.

Some students have their own blogs.

Gonzalo Odiard's Fototoon Activity  is being used widely. (If you haven't tried it yet, it is a lot of fun). Also, he has a new improved version you can download here:

http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/FotoToon-5.xo

The Memorize Activity is being used to review historical facts, complete with pictures and maps.

Some schools are forming "clubs" to go beyond what is done in the classroom.

Lots of resources to explore in the next to last link.  Need  to make time to try them all.

Yama added a few... Rosamel's is the first on his list.  She is a super teacher and a very creative, enthusiastic user of Sugar and the XOs.  Get to know her!

BTW whenever I see these Canal Ceibal videos I wonder how they are getting the projector to work with the XO.  Do we have that info on our wiki?

Caryl