[IAEP] Better links bar for wiki.sugarlabs.org

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Jan 22 17:03:30 EST 2011

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 17:08 -0800, Thomas C Gilliard wrote:
> I personally think the "download" link on top is important and should be
> kept.

Ok, if it could be changed into something that won't get clicked first
thing by novice users who are trying to download Sugar.

For example, "archive" or "files".

> The Link to Sugar/Downloads on the sidebar:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads/Landing_page
> should be called "Get Sugar": and point to:
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads
> Directly. I do not understand why it goes to a "landing page" first.
> This is more consistent with the other items on the left Sugar sidebar
> Get Started; Get Help; Get Involved.
>
> Too Many Clicks

I'm ok on skipping the landing page.

As for "Get Sugar", while it may seem more user-friendly, it violates
the de-facto standard naming used by all web sites. Even novice Internet
users search for a "download" link when they want a program.