[IAEP] Communities around technology for learning (was: Re: [support-gang] When teaching restrains discovery)

Dr. Gerald Ardito gerald.ardito at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 09:54:18 EST 2011

Christoph,

Thanks for your email.

I also got to read Claudia's article. I have been familiar with and inspired
by her research. In fact, in informed my doctoral dissertation, which
focused on the changes to the classroom learning environment through the use
of the XO laptops.

I have been participating in this community for about 2 years. I have
received much help and support and encouragement for which I am grateful.
But I have been reluctant to have my fellow teachers (who are less
technically inclined) to participate because of the frequently highly
technical and operational nature of many conversations.

I have been struggling with trying to include more teachers and students in
these conversations and in this community. I feel that their participation
would benefit many, and add to the depth you discussed.

I am now working with 5 schools in the US using XOs, and will try to find a
way for those teachers and students to participate.

Thanks.
Gerald