[IAEP] Hackety Hack tutorial for Sugar

Aleksey Lim alsroot at member.fsf.org
Thu Jan 13 05:38:37 EST 2011

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 06:02:01AM +0530, Manusheel Gupta wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Thank you for the initiative. Indeed a neat concept and an activity.
>
> We tried to improve activity developers' participation through DevTutor (
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/devtutor). We are yet to arrive at a tangible
> result ( we did receive a negative review on the alpha release of the
> activity at http://activities.sugarlabs.org//en-US/sugar/addon/4353).

BTW, there is another great opportunity to write tutorial code, Literate
Programming. Especially using wiki plugin, FRAM[1]. So, it might look
like typing sugar activity code in Literate Programming notation and
click on "Start" button in Browse (or download .xo for non-sugar env) to
start it immediately. The program might look like [2]

[1] http://far.no/fram/index.php?title=User:Haakon
    http://far.no/fram/index.php?title=Fram
[2] http://far.no/fram/index.php?title=Introduction_to_Haskell

> I personally believe that contributing for Hackety Hack project would be a
> good idea for us to learn as we maintain an activity. Kindly let me know if
> you are happy to have us maintain this activity.
>
> Regards,
>
> Manu
>

> On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 5:05 AM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Over the Christmas break I built a Sugar activity for Hackety Hack
> > (http://hackety-hack.com/), a programming tutorial using Ruby.
> > It's x86-only because it includes a copy of the Ruby binaries.
> > Tested on Fedora 11 on the XO:
> >
> >   http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/HacketyHack-1.xo
> >
> > I'm not going to have time to work on this any more, though -- perhaps
> > someone might be interested in taking over and uploading to ASLO, etc?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>
> > One Laptop Per Child