[IAEP] Tests of applications on booted Trisquel 4.1 sugar installed to a 8Gb USB (2nd version 02/18/2011)

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Thu Feb 24 15:28:49 EST 2011

Bernie Innocenti wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-02-20 at 15:16 -0500, Sean DALY wrote:
>
>> Hi Bernie we are working on getting a French variant of Tom's image
>> working for a charitable foundation project
>>
>> I am personally convinced VMs are the way forward for solving our
>> ease-of-installation teacher demo problem, but not everyone is (cf
>> last marketing meeting [1]). Oracle (ex-Sun) VirtualBox has perfect
>> licensing for us  - we can distribute installers for nonprofit
>> educational uses, which means a single Zip file with VirtualBox
>> installer, image, parameter file, and instructions PDF

Sean;

Here is a first cut at such a installer;

http://people.sugarlabs.org/Tgillard/SugarVB_InstallDemo.iso

This is a test DVD (1.2GB) which contains:

32bit-VirtualBox Installers  (Directory with Install files for
VirtualBox 4.0.4)
Instructions.pdf  (Instructions-How to install and import Appliance)
trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18.ovf
trisquel-sugar-4.1-i686-feb18-disk1.vmdk
UserManual.pdf (VirtualBox 4.0.4 User Manual-269 pages)

It is uploading now and will be available in about 3 hrs.

Tom Gilliard
satellit