[IAEP] For Sugar Everywhere, Google-ize!

Nicholas Doiron ndoiron at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Feb 17 10:17:49 EST 2011

This is a tremendously interesting but increasingly technical discussion.
It's difficult to weigh pros and cons of an entire OS in an e-mail
discussion. Would it be possible for people to create pages on the wiki so
we can get a clearer outline of:

* What is each OS?  Explain to a teacher using SoaS what ChromeOS and
Android actually are. Avoiding conflation with Chrome browser and Droid
phone.

* What education apps exist already?  Are there grants or challenge prizes
for app developers?

* Do you believe Sugar activities can make the transition?  Will Native
Development Kit (Android) and Native Client (ChromeOS) help?

Thanks,
Nick Doiron