[IAEP] Google Summer of Code 2011

Christoph Derndorfer e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Feb 7 16:52:43 EST 2011

Am 07.02.2011 19:23, schrieb Frederick Grose:
> On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Rafael Ortiz
> <rafael at activitycentral.com <mailto:rafael at activitycentral.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Christoph
>
>     On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:24 AM, Christoph Derndorfer
>     <e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at
>     <mailto:e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at>> wrote:
>
>         Great news!
>
>         Is there some sort of review or overview of the achievements of last
>         year's projects available? I remember some cool proposals and
>         interesting discussions on the mailing-lists but now I can't seem to
>         find a page which details what exactly ended up being done.
>

>     I haven't found such page also. afaik there isn't one.
>

>         Thanks,
>         Christoph
>
>         Am 06.02.2011 00:20, schrieb Walter Bender:
>         > Sugar Labs will be applying to Google Summer of Code again for
>         2011.
>         > Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero <dirakx at gmail.com
>         <mailto:dirakx at gmail.com>> has kindly
>         > volunteered to be our coordinator. He is in the process of
>         updating
>         > the wiki. We will be seeking mentors, students, and project ideas.
>         >
>         > regards.
>         >
>         > -walter
>         >

>         --
>         Christoph Derndorfer
>         co-editor, www.olpcnews.com <http://www.olpcnews.com>
>         e-mail: christoph at olpcnews.com <mailto:christoph at olpcnews.com>
>

> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code#Subpages
> <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code#Subpages>and
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Category:GSoC
>
> <http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Category:GSoC>have some references.

I'm aware of these pages but after looking through them (like I did last
September:
http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2010-September/026545.html)
I still couldn't figure out which projects had been worked on, what
their progress was, whether the results had made it into the related
activities and packages, etc.

The reason why I thought of this again is because showing the impact
past GSoC projects had on Sugar could be a great way to attract students
this time 'round.

Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer