[IAEP] Sugar Digest 2011-02-04

Tabitha Roder tabitha at tabitha.net.nz
Sun Feb 6 01:21:01 EST 2011

> Couldn´t save files and many more problems.

That sounds a bit like the "live-cd" type of install?  I have had someone
contact me before saying they had installed Sugar in Virtual Box on their
computer and they said every time they used Sugar they started from scratch,
turned out it was the installation was the live-cd kind.

Instructions on http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Downloads#Apple_Mac_OS_X do say
they are for building and booting a live usb and it is hard to follow for a
non geek. There have been many conversations about this and satellit among
others has been quite active in pursuing how to make this better. Copied him
into this message.
Part of the problem is that these adults all have different models of
computers so they need different instructions, but we can't ask everyone to
buy the same model computer as we have our own reasons for choosing
different computers.

It would be a book entitled Sugar for Dummies

There is http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Getting_Started which links to the
Sugar Learners Manual available in html or pdf.
I think a lot of the information required is out there, it is just pointing
people to the right place and checking it is placed in that right place
rather than spread out all over the web. That is why we need to all help
make sure the sugarlabs website is designed well, kept up to date and easy
to navigate.

Tabitha