[IAEP] IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC)

Gabriel Eirea geirea at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 08:54:10 EST 2011

FYI

----

Dear IEEE Members,

On behalf of the organizing committee, I am pleased to announce the
IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference (GHTC) on 30 October -
1 November 2011, in
Seattle, Washington.

The inaugural IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference provides
the perfect venue for anyone involved in humanitarian projects to join
their peers in
Seattle.   The audience for this conference will include
technologists, representatives from NGOs, governments, academe,
funders and industry. This will
provide an opportunity to share your work, meet others involved in
humanitarian technology, create new projects and meet with funders.
Our sessions will
address a wide range of topics and we hope you^Yll submit a paper and
plan to join us in Seattle.

Home to a growing medical and biotech industry along with world
leading software companies and a host of foundations you^Yll find can
offer a wealth of
opportunities to improve your knowledge, increase your network and
expand your reach.  We look forward to seeing you in Seattle in 2011.

Call for Papers
Abstract Submission: March 11, 2011
Acceptance Notice: July 17, 2011
Full Paper Submission: August 7, 2011

For more information: ieeeghtc at ieee.org

Technical Sessions:

 *  Health, Medical Technology and Telemedicine
 *  Disaster Warning and Response
 *  Water Planning, Availability and Quality
 *  Power for Off-Grid Users
 *  Power Infrastructure / Renewable / Sustainable Energy
 *  Connectivity and Communications Technologies for Remote Locations
 *  Educational Technologies
 *  Agricultural Technologies
 *  Humanitarian Challenges and Opportunities
Conference Program include welcome reception, tutorial sessions,
poster sessions, social networking.

IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference 2011
October 30 - November 1, 2011
Seattle, Washington USA

www.ieeeghtc.org

Best regards,
Paul Kostek
Chair 2011 IEEE Global Humanitarian Technology Conference