[IAEP] Write: The file 'abc.odt' is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. LibreOffice can try to repair the file...

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 23:13:47 EST 2011

Yama,

Martin is one of the core AbiWord developers, he is telling you this
is a known bug with the AbiWord that was packaged in Ubuntu that has
since been corrected.  Please believe him.

You are correct, bugs are not "standards compatible", but I think he
is saying the flaw is not necessarily in the document.

I hope what he is saying is not "update Ubuntu" but rather "update
AbiWord via Ubuntu Software Center".

As you probably know Write is a modified version of AbiWord
contributed by our friends there, like Martin and Marc Maurer
(irc:uwog).  I hang out on the #abiword channel regularly, in part,
because we host their L10n now as a way of saying thanks for Write,
and I do recall this issue being discussed there, but I would trust
Martin to know the exact details far better than anyone else on IAEP.

BTW, there has been a good start on Aymara, although it may be a
Peruvian variant and not the Bolivian form, Amos Batto might know
best.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/aym/

Warmest Regards,

cjl