[IAEP] Write: The file 'abc.odt' is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened. LibreOffice can try to repair the file...

Yamaplos . yamaplos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 21:00:36 EST 2011

I came upon this error trasferring a file from a kid's XO here in
Bolivia to my Ubuntu.  I am not sure what system he had, since before
I got to open the file in my machine I updated his to os874.  I will
try again tomorrow, hoping this old, old issue is no longer...

My understanding is that the Write files were RTF misnamed as ODT.
However, I renamed this one to RTF and it didn't open at all.  As ODT,
it does eventually open in LibreOffice (which says it "repairs" it,
whatever that means)

hmmm...  Can we have some kind of a standard? I imagine a file made in
Ubuntu will not work in the XO, which is no good, and viceversa.
"corrupt" is not a comforting word for any teacher.  I wonder how much
worse this works within windoze, which is what teachers are given in
many places in their, ahem, mentally "corrupt" administrators realm.

If we can't do good ODT, can we at least do decent RTF? or at least
the much easier and much more universal HTM?  THAT would be rather
clever!  Kids would produce web pages by default.