[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Promoting Pablo Flores to CEO of Activity Central

Pablo Flores pflores2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:21:38 EST 2011

Thanks for the announcement. As David says, I will have the big challenge
of directing AC, a company which has at the core of its business providing
services for deployments using the Sugar learning platform.

I've been involved in the olpc/sugar ecosystem since 2007 (for more info
about me, please see my
profile<http://plus.google.com/u/0/104046304533768660303/about>and
follow me in google+). Much of my work was as a volunteer, having a
strong focus on promoting the community work. One year ago I was hired by
AC to work in the company's community outreach area, where I could work in
promoting events like eduJAM, Sugar Day Junín, Mexico City Sugar workshop
and Sugar Camp Lima. Sugar is based on the great work that the whole
community systematically does for it, to which I hope AC can contribute
even more in this new stage.

AC provides deployments with technical solutions tailored to their
particular needs, promoting at the same time the community growth by
supporting local labs, hiring outstanding programmers, upstreaming code and
sharing knowledge. In my vision, these professional services are required
to keep the ecosystem healthy and it's our biggest challenge doing this
sustainably.

I won’t be much online in the last weeks of December as I'll take some days
off before assuming the new position, but I’m very open to receiving by
email or in #sugar IRC your doubts, suggestions, criticisms or ideas, as I
want to keep the contact fluid.

Stay in touch!

Regards,
Pablo Flores