[IAEP] Chess activities

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 05:33:16 EDT 2011

I agree, this would make a great Activity in particular using
collaboration. There are chess clubs everywhere including many schools
(I had the privilege of being on the winning team of a citywide school
championship in NYC when I was 12). There is abundant literature
linking chess activity with school performance [1,2].

Perhaps we could interest a chess federation in sponsoring
development? I believe the Gcompris engine is gnuchess.

Sean

[1] http://www.chess.ca/misc2008/benefitsofchess.pdf
[2] http://www.il-chess.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=234&Itemid=127