[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] ANNOUNCE: Moving Sugar to GPLv3+

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 07:39:43 EDT 2011

http://fsfe.org/projects/gplv3/europe-gplv3-conference.en.html
http://fsfe.org/projects/gplv3/barcelona-rms-transcript.en.html

see question 6b from this Q&A from the 3rd International GPLv3
Conference (Barcelona, June 22-23, 2006):

**********
Q6b: Second question, when people start to update their licences to
the new versions, how will that happen in practice?

RMS: In practice, any program that says it can be distributed under
GPL version two "or later" will automatically be available under GPL
version 3, but, when people make subsequent releases, they can change
that to say "GPL version 3 or later", that's what we will do in
subsequent releases of GNU software.

(I remember this because it was I who recorded all of the video &
audio that day)

Sean