[IAEP] New activity from OLPC France

Koke Contreras kokecontreras at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 08:57:29 EDT 2011

Hi Stefanie:

In Peru and prehistoric organic foods are little known, even in our country.
Knowing the value of these foods is valuable to a society dominated transgenic
crops.

Japanese mascot'm remembering those that fed them. That's the idea of avatar
.

A wonderful project for our children to learn to eat healthy.

Another option would be to transmit streaming sessions gourmet cuisine in a
child repository.

Bon appétit.

La seguimos...

Koke

(translated from Spanish to English by google translator)

2011/4/17 Stefanie Nobel <stefanie.nobel at googlemail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I’m glad to present you a new project from OLPC France. For the next six
> months we will develop a new playful software, which aims at educating
> children about a healthier nutrition.
> In this game children are taking care of an avatar by providing him with
> meals, which they have to prepare before. By doing so the children are meant
> to learn the importance of good nutrition for their healthy.
> The game will be supported by Danone Research. They will not only finance
> the project but also share their great knowledge on this topic with us.
>
> We’re just at the begining of the development but here is a short
> description of our first ideas:
> The game will be split in two parts:
>
>    - In one part the children can create their own recipes in a virtual
>    environment, similar to a “cook studio”. There is also the possibility to
>    share these recipes with other children.
>    - The other part is for validation: Here the meal will be “validated”
>    by the avatar, (for example, a reaction might be, that the avatar can’t do
>    homework because he has not sufficient energy).
>
> So at first we will have to define the relevant parameters, which you have
> to consider when you validate a healthy meal, for example:
>

>    - The need of the different nutritional values,
>    - The nutritional value of the aliment
>    - In natural and organic state and
>    - after the preparation of the meal
>    - The activities, the avatar/child do/did during the day
>    - The season and the weather
>    - The times of the meals during the day(this has an impact on the gain
>    of the food)
>    - The health of the avatar/child
>    - The extent of hygienic conditions when preparing the food
>

> The next step will be to collect all those information and integrate it
> into a rough logic.
>

> So don’t hesitate to comment about this project and share your thoughts.
>
> We appreciate all kinds of input!
>

> Stefanie

Jorge Luis Contreras Velez

MOVISTAR: 999800030