[IAEP] Really Dumb Question

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sun Apr 17 02:56:22 EDT 2011

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 1:48 AM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
> On 04/17/2011 01:29 AM, Caryl Bigenho wrote:
>> exactly what language should I check out? What is being used to develop Sugar?
>
> Sugar and its Activities are mostly written in Python.  They run in the
> standard python interpreter, which runs on Linux.

Versions of Python also run in other operating systems (Windows, Mac
OS, Android, etc).  It's really the Sugar libraries which contain
Linux-specific code, not Python itself.  [I hope I'm helping, and not
just adding to the confusion!]
  --scott

--
      ( http://cscott.net )