[IAEP] Proposal for an interactive introduction tutorial to Sugar

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 00:42:37 EDT 2011

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 16:40, Erick Lavoie <erick.lavoie at gmail.com> wrote:
> Following the work we have done on Tutorius in the last year, I would
> suggest having an interactive introduction tutorial to Sugar that would
> be presented to the user on the first login screen and in the option menu.
>
> The basic outline of the tutorial would be to present the Frame, the
> different Views, the Journal and finally the Browse and Write activities
> in a single tour of the Sugar learning platform.

Good idea. I have been working from the opposite end, on a project
anchored on the Wiki page

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/The_Undiscoverable

which documents the known mysteries of Sugar

and a "book" I call Discovering Discovery

http://booki.treehouse.su/discovering-discovery/

intended to guide users on finding out as much as they can themselves,
and giving hints or outright procedural guidance only where necessary.

Perhaps we can bring these two approaches together.

The current site is intended for shaking down the booki software and
rewriting pages until we can take it live as a Sugarlabs subdomain.
You would be welcome to host the project there, or if you prefer, just
link to your site.

> A more complete description of the proposal, including Mockups, a
> feasibility discussion and a tentative roadmap, is presented here:
>
> http://tutorius.org/blog/tutorius-integration-proposal-for-sugar-090/

Thanks.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/