[IAEP] Exploring Sugar-on-Tablets

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 17:12:40 EDT 2011

Hi Caryl,

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Peter,
> PCs and Linux machines yes. But... there still lots of issues with Macs and
> so far it does not work with the older G4 Power PC Macs (EToys to go does!).

Android won't fix the PowerPC support either. Sugar does work with G4
power PCs just fine, supported at the moment it isn't but it does
work. The Fedora PowerPC Secondary arch is amping back up to a working
release. Its at the point where if you have an engineer with the time
and interest in spending some time and with hardware to build and test
it would be pretty easy to get Sugar on a Stick running on G4
hardware. I don't have the time nor the hardware, but if you know of
someone that meets that description point them to the SoaS list and I
will happily provide them assistance where possible.

Peter