[IAEP] S050 - Informática para Tontos / E050 - Computer Science for Dummies

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 11:43:44 EDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 07:25, Carlos Rabassa <carnen at mac.com> wrote:
> Edward,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.
>
> If I have to do it,  I'm sorry but I have to decline.

We aren't ready for this yet, because we are still configuring the
server, but the idea would be to get a team of perhaps 8 or 10 people
together, including those who know the subject matter, plus editors,
graphic artists, a sysadmin, and perhaps others, to put the material
into a publishable state. When we have a clear idea of where we are
starting from and what the goal is, it takes less than a week to write
a book using the FLOSS Manuals Book Sprint methodology.

> I have no idea about what has to be done or how someone would be able to
> benefit from the effort.

That depends on those who would benefit speaking up and asking us to do it.

> If you or anyone else feels there is any value in anything I do,  please
> feel free to use whatever you find.
> Most of what I have done so far,  mostly exercises for me to learn and be
> able to answer some of the questions received,  may be found at:
>
> The Squeakland showcase everyone

This is what I call Defensive Documentation. I have often had to do it
myself, when the developers of some software have not wanted to write
or test the documentation themselves.

http://www.earthtreasury.org/