[IAEP] First day of Etoys class in Somerville

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Mon Apr 4 21:46:51 EDT 2011

Report is here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z2wFRkZPOxKpREA6sV1-XVdxjm7bC9jP50KWkdL6d64/edit?authkey=CP7cjcgL&hl=en#

We are working in a computer lab in a housing project in Somerville run by
the Haitain Coalition of Somerville.  We are using etoys to start with to
help support collaboration between Waveplace and the Somerville Haitian
Coalition.  The students did very impressive work for the first day.

We are using E-toys on a USB stick that works on both PC and Linux and
hopefully mac in a day or two. The goal is to have it
also automatically backup to dropbox. This currently works on XP, hopefully
ubuntu will be next.

We could use help from E-toys users. I have a bunch of how do I do this in
E-toys questions in the report.

We could use help in writing the backup script for ubuntu.

Check out the report. It has nice screen shots. :)

Thanks,
Caroline

--
Caroline Meeks