[IAEP] Exploring Sugar-on-Tablets

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Apr 4 18:15:16 EDT 2011

I've posted a four week plan for XO-3 software exploration at
http://cananian.livejournal.com/62667.html

Briefly:
April 4-8: Android
April 11-15: Chrome/ChromeOS/NativeClient
April 18-22: Get down & dirty with mesh
April 25-29: Pulling legacy Sugar codebase into the
GTK3/g-o-i/touch-interface future
May 2-6: in Uruguay to present results and discuss all this w/ Sugar
folks in person

I'll be posting more about each project as I dig into them; there are
also threads on IAEP where I've discussed all these topics before, so
they shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

There are other ideas out there, and I'm not going to *finish* any of
these investigations in a single week.  Feel free to ask questions and
suggest other projects -- although please read the existing
discussions first if you can.  In order to actually get work done w/o
endless distraction, I'll probably try to avoid getting into lots of
details for projects other than the one I'm currently focusing on. And
rest assured that I do deeply care about (a) focusing on kids' needs
first, (b) preserving as much of the legacy codebase as possible (I am
lazy, like all good programmers), and (c) working closely with
SugarLabs, Activity Central, and all you other folks!
 --scott