[IAEP] Possible ARM based alternative to the XO?

William Schaub wschaub at steubentech.com
Sat Apr 2 00:33:36 EDT 2011

I recently purchased a Genesi Efika MX smartbook
(https://www.genesi-usa.com/products/smartbook) and so far I'm very
impressed with it.
it only costs about $199 before shipping and it seems to have enough
power to outdo the XO-1 laptops that I have.

what do you think about the possibility of using the Efika as a readily
available alternative to the XO?
we might even be able to get it in a more ruggedized form if we are lucky.

I have made an sd card image that boots directly into a sugar desktop on
the Efika MX if anyone is interested and already has the hardware
once the kernel gets bumped past 2.6.31 I would like to try getting
802.11s working on it to see if I can make it talk to my other two XO-1s.

if you are interested I will post a link to the sd card image.