[IAEP] Get-sugar page usability testing (know newcomers who want an easy way to help Sugar/)

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Thu Sep 16 19:03:23 EDT 2010

I just pushed this to Planet Sugarlabs:

http://blog.melchua.com/2010/09/16/get-sugar-instructions-newcomers-needed-for-usability-testing/

Short version is that Walter's come up with a new design for our
Downloads page - http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter/Get_Sugar -
and needs feedback on it, so I wrote up notes that we can forward to our
not-yet-participating-in-Sugarlabs-but-curious-about-it friends to help
them help us get that sort of data.

Also adding a couple Boston-area group lists in case y'all are looking
for ways to get involved or get newcomers involved (this is a small
example, but you can do these kinds of things with local
parents/teachers as a way of helping them get into contributing to the
Sugar community).[0]

--Mel

[0] It's called
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legitimate_peripheral_participation, and
it's how you make any community - a club, a project, anything - grow.