[IAEP] [MARKETING] Get Sugar landing page

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:02:18 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 9:25 AM, Sascha Silbe
<sascha-ml-reply-to-2010-3 at silbe.org> wrote:
> Excerpts from Walter Bender's message of Tue Sep 14 18:30:54 +0200 2010:
>
>> I've been doing some work on the Get Sugar landing page in the wiki,
>> which has been the source of some confusion amongst our potential user
>> community. My proposed modifications (See
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/User:Walter/Get_Sugar) are an attempt to
>> streamline and consolidate the instructions for first-time users.
>
> I'm missing the mention of distro packages. For existing Linux users,
> this is the easiest way to run Sugar.

I assume (for the moment) that the instructions for individual distros
are to be found on the separate pages dedicated to the distros. I
refer developers to those pages, but I should also refer GNU/Linux
users to those pages.

thanks for the heads up.

-walter

> Sascha