[IAEP] Dextrose Install Snags

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 12 22:12:23 EDT 2010

Hi...

I was trying to install Dextrose on an XO-1.5 today.  I was following the instructions on:   http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Dextrose
There was only one file listed to download for the XO-1.5 : os373pyg.zd.  I followed the directions on the page and got an error message that the file was all in "one chunk"

So I am trying to do it for an XO-1 instead.  However, I notice that while there are two files for the XO-1, the .img file and the .crc file, there is only one for the XO-1.5, the .zd file.

When I installed 852 on both types of machines, there were 2 files for each.  Is there a file missing on the Dextrose page listed above?  Can I just use the fs.zip file from 852?

While I am asking, is there a reason why the files for the XO-1 for 852 are .img and fs.zip while those for Dextrose are .img and .crc?  I am not a whiz on file types so I haven't a clue why these would be different.

I need to get this done in time for a "show and tell" at Montana State University on Thursday morning.

Thanks,

Caryl