[IAEP] FW: Invitation to Southern California Linux Expo 9x

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 9 11:51:28 EDT 2010

Hi All...
How does Southern California in February sound?  If you start saving your pennies (or frequent flyer miles) now, you can make it happen.  SCaLE 9X will be the weekend of February 25-27. This is always a well attended event and, as you can see, they have had to move to a larger venue.
The link to the call for papers is below.  This year they are not listing a separate education track.  They haven't decided what to do with education yet.  I am hoping they will put the ones that deal with education on Saturday as "general interest" and somehow flag them so folks looking for education related topics will easily find them.  Before, they have put them on Friday which isn't well attended because teachers are busy teaching! (this is a lousy paragraph... used the word "education" too many times and am too lazy to edit it... sorry!).
There will be lots... really lots of opportunities to network and schmooze with other open source enthusiasts. To get an idea of what the event is like, here is a link to last years SCaLE event.  Be sure to click on the tabs and look at the schedule of talks and other events there:
http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/scale8x/index.html
If enough folks decide to come, we could make this another get-together similar to the Realness Summit last May and the event in San Francisco in October. Maybe we could even find an inexpensive place for all of us to stay... a beach house maybe? The total price might sound high, but when divided between a lot of people, it is less than a hotel.
We can discuss that all later. Just start thinking about it and maybe sign up for a presentation.  We will probably have a complementary booth again where some of you can help introduce the open-source public to our latest hardware and software.  Hope to see some of you join me!
Caryl
P.S. I'll copy this cfp link here to make it easier.
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/simple_cfp/