[IAEP] OpenEd Conference / Mozilla Drumbeat Festival

Samuel Klein meta.sj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 13:42:10 EDT 2010

Hi Werner, nice mooting :-)

I think Christoph is sadly *not* coming.  I will be in Barcelona next
week, however, and I'm helping run the Wiki Lounge at
Drumbeat -- where wikieducator has one or two relevant speaking slots
and where I hope to see you!  Some Sugar-related
workshops would be most welcome, perhaps on making activities? in the
Angels tent, Wiki lounge, or other spaces.

SJ

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 8:06 PM, Werner Westermann <wernerio at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry the delay, we've held our Moodle Moot (Moodle chilean users anual
> gathering: moodlemoot.cl) that has kept me very occupied.
>
> Great news!!  Looking forward to meeting you.  The Drumbeat is a very
> flexible space to show Sugar's potential, there's a lot of activities.  I
> was planning to propose some kind of a workshop or lightning talk, but time
> has not been on my side.  Any ideas?  I will also bring an XO-1.
>
> At OpenEd, I will be presenting "Sugarizing" Teachers: ICT empowerment
> through OERs", an initiative that builds open lesson plans on the
> Wikieducator platform to integrate Sugar to curricular objectives on day 2
> in the afternoon.
>
> See you soon, regards,
>
> werner
>

> 2010/10/27 Christoph Derndorfer <e0425826 at student.tuwien.ac.at>
>>
>> Am 27.10.2010 19:03, schrieb Werner Westermann:
>> > Hello to all.
>> >
>> > Any Sugar advocates attending any of these events?
>> >
>> > http://openedconference.org/2010/
>> > http://www.drumbeat.org/festival
>> >
>> > Best wishes,
>> >
>> > werner
>> >
>> > Sugar Labs Chile
>>
>> Hi Werner,
>>
>> I was planning on going and was even awarded a travel scholarship by
>> Mozilla but then had to cancel due to a scheduling conflict:-(
>>
>> Are you or anyone else from Sugar Labs Chile going?
>>
>> The one other person from the OLPC / Sugar community that I know was
>> also applying to go there is Raul from ParaguayEduca fame (in CC).
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Christoph
>>
>> --
>> Christoph Derndorfer
>> co-editor, www.olpcnews.com
>> e-mail: christoph at olpcnews.com

Samuel Klein          identi.ca:sj           w:user:sj          +1 617 529 4266