[IAEP] Dumb Questions... Input Wanted... Please Discuss!

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Wed Oct 27 17:23:56 EDT 2010

On 28 October 2010 09:04, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi All...
>

> Here are some "dumb questions" for you. In a couple of weeks I will be
> doing a 2-hr hands-on workshop (at the CUELA Tech Fair) about OLPC, Sugar,
> and open source software teachers may want to try with their classes using
> the computers they already have at their schools. I would like to give them
> a CD or DVD with the files they would need to make their own USB sticks. I
> will also be showing them the online sites for Etoys and Scratch.
>

> I was thinking of including at least one version of SoaS, a copy of Virtual
> Box for Mac users, Live usb creator for SoaS (with text files telling how to
> use them), and Etoys-to-go.
>
> [...]

I don't think these are dumb questions at all. I think the technical side
can be dealt with by others. One thing that's missing is reading material
for people to take away. There may not be enough time for this conference,
but I think we could use booki.cc & Lulu.com to produce some quality
material from our wiki.

I wonder whether IAEP participants can work together to migrate content from
the wiki for such a project.

Some topic areas could include:

 - integrating Sugar into the classroom
 - integrating Sugar into a standardised testing environment
 - where to get help as a teacher (e.g. how to sign up to IAEP!)
 - where to get content (Wikieducator, other open access content resources,
etc)
 - encouraging discovery

Just an idea,

Tim