[IAEP] stepping down as maintainer

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Oct 24 14:25:04 EDT 2010

On 24 October 2010 05:42, David Farning <dfarning at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Sugar Labs lost its lead developer.  It is unfortunate that no-one has
> done a public review of the reasons and implications of Tomeu quiting.
>  Tomeu's leaving is significant enough that Sugar Labs should take a
> hard look at what is working, what is not working, and how to fix the
> pieces that are not working.

I think a lot of contributors forgot to be nice to the maintainer. If
I were in Tomeu's position I think I would have stepped down a while
ago (I've been put in what I think are similar positions in other
projects I've been involved in). Too much emails and not enough code,
simple maintainers wishes being ignored, nobody stepping up to help
the maintainer with the increasing workload, etc. A key part of
contributing to an open source is keeping the maintainer engaged and
motivated.

Daniel