[IAEP] Ideas

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Thu Oct 21 12:01:32 EDT 2010

Hi Patricia,

I have had requests for a few things over the years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuisenaire_rods - these are popular
math manipulative and an online version would be cool.

A book creation tool that allowed children to create their own illustrated
book then printed it out in such a way that it could be easily folded into a
book.  Here is a page on how to print to fold into a book:
http://www.suite101.com/content/easy-printandfold-books-for-children-a140496

Far more involved is writing programs that help support "RTI" which is a
process of repeated short probes, then targeted practice in the areas
determined by the probes, then reevaluation.  Let me know if that is the
level you want to work at, its a lot more involved the then other two ideas.

Thanks!
Caroline

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM, Patricia Curtis
<patricia.curtis at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All
>      I am a developer , and i am looking to start a new OLPC activity, and
> i would like some ideas of what is *needed *on the OLPC,  rather me
> spending time writing than just another activity that few would use.
>
> Thanks
>
> Trish

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove