[IAEP] Suspend problems in Maverick (Was: Sugar Digest 2010-10-17)

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Thu Oct 21 10:27:33 EDT 2010

It seems you forgot to post the digest to the lists, I'm quoting you
from planet.sugarlabs.org:

> 4. Ouch. In a moment of wishful thinking, I upgraded my laptop to
> Maverick, the latest Ubuntu release. Not only did my persisent audio
> problems not go away, I can no longer suspend. Worse, when I boot on
> battery, my GNOME session hangs querying the battery state. It really
> is time to switch.

Don't expect too much from switching distros. I'm experiencing similar
suspend problems on Fedora 14 since kernel-2.6.35.6. It was working fine
with 2.6.35.4.

Nowadays kernels are very similar between Ubuntu and Fedora, therefore
bugs also tend to be shared.