[IAEP] How can we consistantly evalutate CRT monitor quality?

Tim McNamara paperless at timmcnamara.co.nz
Sun Oct 3 14:05:41 EDT 2010

On 4 October 2010 06:39, Caroline Meeks <caroline at solutiongrove.com> wrote:

> Is there a way to have different people repeatably agree on how "good" a
> CRT monitor is?  Is there a quantitive measure that is reasonably easy to
> use?  A test image that can somehow get repeatable results by different
> people?

Some things that are quantifiable that may help the project:
  - Number of seconds until warm up.
  - Screen resolution.
  - Date of manufacture.
  - Does it have its packaging?
  - Are its cables intact?
  - Are the connection points (e.g. ends of cables) intact?
  - Is there ghosting?
  - What does it weigh?

I can't think of an easy way to measure lumens and contrast, however. I
can't help thinking that any metric would depend on the perception of the
observer, lighting conditions in the room, etc.

Tim