[IAEP] First evaluation results from OLPC Peru

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 09:26:34 EDT 2010

On Friday 01 Oct 2010 6:39:09 pm Christoph Derndorfer wrote:
> * demand for better teacher preparation
> * low percentage of pupils who can use the laptop outside of school (~50%)
> * lack of connectivity (only 1,4% of schools have Internet access, Mesh
> use is very limited)
> * lack of technical and educational support in schools
Thank you for the translation and the abstract. These observations deal with
what goes into teaching and with the perceptions/opinions of people around the
learners. Is there anything in the report about its impact on motivation
towards learning, thinking, expressing, writing, reading, reasoning etc. in
the young learners? I realize it is too early in the cycle to arrive at any
definite conclusion, but I am only seeking trends at this time.

Is there anything in the trends that reveal the unique contributions of an XO
i.e. outcomes that would be difficult (uneconomical) to achieve without it?

Thanks .. Subbu