[IAEP] Phasing out Google Apps

Bernie Innocenti bernie at sugarlabs.org
Fri Nov 26 18:32:36 EST 2010

To simplify maintenance, we're phasing out Google Apps from the
sugarlabs.org domain. It was set up when Sugar Labs did not have
reliable infrastructure to offer equivalent collaboration services
independently.

You can continue using your sugarlabs.org email address in two ways:

1) Request email to be forwarded to your primary email address

2) Ask for a full shell account, which includes IMAP, SMTP and email
   forwarding: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sysadmin/Shell_account_request

Please reply within Saturday, 4 December to choose one of the above
options. If we don't receive explicit instructions from you, YOUR EMAIL
ALIAS WILL BE DISABLED.

In either case, ALL MAIL AND OTHER CONTENT CURRENTLY STORED IN YOUR
GOOGLE APPS ACCOUNT WILL BE PERMANENTLY DELETED after the transition.
Please move your valuable data elsewhere.

Note that the shell account option requires familiarity with the Linux
command line and isn't recommended unless you have special requirements
for email routing. If you already have an account on sunjammer, your
email will automatically start to be routed through it after your
Google Apps account has been deleted.

For any question, please write to sysadmin at sugarlabs.org.

--
Bernie Innocenti