[IAEP] [soas] Running_Soas_files_on_a_2nd_USB_in_Virtualbox_3.2_installed_on_the_MacBook_Air

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Tue Nov 23 07:23:02 EST 2010

I have been experimenting with my MacBook Air with Virtualbox 3.2 installed.

I have discovered a neat way to answer
http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/598:
> Another suggestion: Put the individual Student's Virtual Machine
> Appliance on a their USB stick and open it from the Mac or Windoz
> machine running VMplayer or Virtualbox.( Note that USB sticks are
> about 10x slower than HD install.) Then the student can open it on any
> machine at home or school. Plus the Appliance can be copied (or
> exported in Latest Virtualbox) from the stick for a backup.
Please look at:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Mac_OS_X-Boot_USB_with_Virtualbox#Running_Soas_files_on_a_2nd_USB_in_Virtualbox_3.2_installed_on_the_MacBook_Air

This wiki page also investigates making a 4 GB live USB of
F14-desktop-live with Virtualbox3.2 pre installed, that runs various
students Soas files from a personalized 2nd USB.

Enjoy;

Tom Gilliard
satellit on IRC freenode #sugar