[IAEP] 90% fluency Re: Granny Cloud

Yamandu Ploskonka yamaplos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 18:31:17 EDT 2010

interesting...  What about nature / nurture?

are we talking about 90% of those who actually "can", or 90% of all?

in any case, we hit very different individual learning slopes...

To follow up with the kind of example you use, today's Wall Street
Journal has an article on how even highly educated people in Holland
don't want to wear helmets when riding bikes.  So, they are "fluent" in
bicycle riding but somehow are not reasonable about it.  The skill is
there, but a concept on how your behavior hurts others (if you get
injured, someone else has to share in paying for it) is clearly missing
- ethics...

anyway, famously, fluent in /what/?