[IAEP] Granny Cloud

K. K. Subramaniam kksubbu.ml at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 11:45:47 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 02 Nov 2010 8:17:34 am Caryl Bigenho wrote:
> Hi All...
> Here is a concise article that summarizes Sugata Mitra's work with the
> "Granny Cloud."  Note he says a 1 to 1 model doesn't work. He uses 4 to 1.
> http://dnc.digitalunite.com/2010/07/29/granny-cloud-to-teach-children-via-
> the-internet/
I would be wary of reaching any specific conclusion from such experiments. This
is not to discourage new experiments but to highlight the fact the need of the
hours are interventions that ensures that the number of students who are *not
learning* should provably *decrease* during a three year window.

When we throw technology X or method Y at the education problem and make the
top two quartiles learn better but leave the bottom quartile out cold, then
such a tech/method is a nice but unimportant development for tacking education
issues we face today.

Subbu