[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Scratch-20100321

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Sun May 23 22:51:02 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 6:05 AM, Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero
<rafael at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 3:43 AM,  <forster at ozonline.com.au> wrote:
>> my recollection it is except for the name scratch and the cat.
>> that is, you can create a fork if you dont call it scratch and you dont use the cat graphic
>>
>> tony
>>
>>> Is Scratch free software now? I believe it didn't used to be. The
>>> license page in ASLO is empty:
>>>
>>> http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/versions/license/29908
>

> Tomeu, thanks for spotting this, I've updated ASLO with the
> appropriate license.
    I think Scrach has a couple of license; "Scratch License" for
package distribution for usual users, and "Scratch Source Code
License" with additional restriction
(http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/versions/license/29908)/
    The license text shown on ASLO with title "Source Code License" is
"Scratch License".  Which one appropriate here?   Or does XO version
have different license from versions for other platforms?  very
confusing...

/Korakurider