[IAEP] community team

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Tue May 18 05:41:43 EDT 2010

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 02:34, Anurag Goel <agoel23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is definitely a great idea and will facilitate involvement in Sugar
> Labs for new members/volunteers - ultimately allowing for further growth of
> the organization as a whole. Let me know how I can help out with this.

Hi Anurag, thanks a lot for your interest, I really think this area of
work can have a great impact.

The next step is finding a coordinator that would be willing to start
organizing regular meetings every 1 or 2 weeks. Other tasks of the
coordinator are keeping the team member list updated, same with the
team-wide TODO list, publishing the meeting minutes on the wiki and on
the mailing list and making sure the team agrees on a mission
statement that is put on their wiki page.

We also need to ask the Wiki team to create a new instance of the team
template, such as this: http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Wiki_Team

It would be awesome news if you would like to take the role of the
coordinator and I look forward to attend your first meeting.

If you have time to read about the theory, here are some references:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Community_of_practice
http://www.artofcommunityonline.org/

Regards,

Tomeu