[IAEP] community team

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon May 17 07:00:41 EDT 2010

Hi,

following the recent interest in discussing resourcing and the teams
structure, I would like to mention again the need for a community team
that takes ownership of this area.

Right now this work is unowned and is carried in an uncoordinated
manner by several members of our community, which is rather
unfortunate because they have several other responsibilities to take
care of and because a coordinated effort could be much more effective
in making sure that SLs is a good environment for people to work
together on furthering Sugar.

Community management is a young discipline that is blooming strong
these days and though still a bit wild, there's even literature on it
and could be a very interesting career path. If you know someone
looking for such a challenge, please refer them here.

Having a team that focuses on resourcing issues could be the base for
more stable growth in SLs.

Thanks,

Tomeu