[IAEP] [Sugar-devel] Announcing the Development Team Lead election

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Sun May 16 11:13:11 EDT 2010

Hi Folks,

While Aleksey's idea may seem great in theory, in practice it is problematical.  The person who volunteers and is chosen to be the new Development Team Lead needs to be, first of all a team player with proven leadership ability who can, and will, commit their time to following the direction set by our elected Sugar Labs Oversight Board.

Of equal importance is that it be a person who has the time and energy to devote to an enormous task like this.  It could be that the person elected has no unique ideas of their own.  That really doesn't matter.  We have a group of very creative people for them to work with and our elected SLOBS team to guide their direction.

Changing this as, Aleksey suggests, could be a very divisive move that could splinter SugarLabs into several rival factions. Let's not go down that road.

Caryl