[IAEP] How to save Journal entries from multiple students to a single computer?

Raul Gutierrez Segales rgs at rieder.net.py
Sat May 15 02:08:32 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-14 at 19:17 -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:

> 2010/5/14 Raul Gutierrez Segales <rgs at rieder.net.py>:
> > Based on the backup function, I wrote a script that calculates the total
> > number of Journal entries
> > (among all users) for each activity. My idea was to infer the favorite
> > activities.. but I need
> > some heuristics because counting created entries alone is kind of
> > misleading.
>
> How about getting this reimplemented in PHP, and exposed in Moodle so
> it integrates with the teacher's view of the course?

Sure, I am thinking of two pieces:

1) what we already have could be use to dump the results somewhere
(pgsql table?)

2) the PHP parte, integrated into Moodle, to display the results. I need
some pointers here.

I'd say the decoupling is a must since step #1 is computationally
intense; we are better off running it at night.

Cheers,
Raúl

P.S.: this is an excellent excuse for us to start using Moodle in
schools (and to upgrade to XS 0.6)!