[IAEP] Peru, OLPC and Wikipedia

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon May 10 22:50:02 EDT 2010

> I've been following your comments on this. Am I the only one who
> finds this charming but at the same time strangely disturbing????

If you mean the intrusion of the outside world into their idyllic
lifestyle - no

If you mean the interviewee talking about Darwinian social evolution - yes

On the first count, I quote Noel Pearson, well known Australian
indigenous activist
"Keep our diverse languages and cultural traditions by excelling in
education and digital technologies, the only means of arresting the
decline of our ancient and oral traditions"
"Maintain our identity as a people but encourage individual excellence
in education and achievement"

On the second count, I am perplexed as to why that material was included

Tony